These are books I think everyone should read regardless of career path because they put you in the right mindset to engage others professionally, stay positive and persevere!
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- Perfect for the days you second guess if this is right for you. When you need a boost of inspiration…
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- If you think psychology and fashion are far removed, rewatch The Devil Wears Prada. In this book, Carnegie provides tools to navigate the social world effectively through communication & body language
- The Fashion Careers Guidebook: A Guide to Every Career in the Fashion Industry and How to Get It by Julia Yates
- This is the book you read when you’re serious. You’ve done the dreaming, the self discovery and you finally know what you want to do. Like forreal this time
- Refinery 29: Style Stalking by Piera Gelardi & Christene Barberich
- A perfect introduction to trends of the century, how they will evolve and staying ahead of trends to come
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- If you haven’t read this by now, wyd? Sophia’s story will inspire the laziest, most proscrastinatingest (let’s pretend that’s a word) person to get off their ass and finally start that business! I will warn you though, this isn’t the book for *actual* business advice…
- Form, Fit & Fashion: All the Details Fashion Designers Need to Know but Can Never Find by Jay Calderin
- This book has so much information it’s overwhelming (in the best way). From proper terminology, to shape and fit, everything is covered. If you’re interested in fashion design on any scale, this should be the fashion bible in your pocket at all times
- Secrets of Stylists: An Insider’s Guide to Styling the Stars by Sasha Charnin Morrison
- I love this book because not only does it show you the fundamentals of styling but also the nitty gritty side, like how to deal with rude clients
- Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty, & Everything Glamour by Rachel Zoe
- This book really does guide you through styling from A to Z, I read this when I’m doing too much and need to get back to the basics of fashion & why I fell in love in the first place
- Being Boss: Take Control of Your Work and Live Life on Your Own Terms by Emily Thompson & Kathleen Shannon
- I have to admit I still haven’t finished this book, but I’ve learned so much already I had to share. If you’re lost at all in your career and need a wake up call this book will really shake you to the core! It gives you an honest (sometimes brutal) reality check on your work ethic and goals.
- Who What Wear: Trends, Street style, celeb style etc..
- Women’s Wear Daily: The OG Fashion News resource, including business/finance aspects
- Man Repeller: OG fashion blog (before influencing), keep yourself sane with their hilariously relatable content
- Vogue: Keep up w/ latest designer collections & runway shows
- Fashionista: Last but not least, get your foot in the door with an internship or entry level position! (Careers tab)