There’s no feeling like a summer in NYC & what says “summer in NYC” more than good vibes & drinks on a rooftop with a beautiful view?! These are my 5 fave spots I discovered this summer that you need to check out before we’re pulling out turtlenecks.
- Because this location is a hotel, the rooftop restaurant and patio are open at 7am! Perfect spot for a business meeting, quiet breakfast or empty photo back ground lol
- Try: The Grilled Cheese French Toast, Bucatini Cacio e Pepe & Broken Bananas cocktail
- This is the first outdoor sushi restaurant I’ve found in NYC, and it doesn’t disappoint! The small storefront might fool you, but the backyard patio is as big as the indoor part, decorated with pretty twinkling lights for the perfect date night setting.
- Try the Lobster Rock’n Roll and the Golden Dragon with Honey Wasabi sauce. Yum! $$
- The pool here is strictly for Hotel guests but their adorable rooftop bar is sooo Instagramable! From pink couches & bar stools to a pretty epic view make for the perfect Instagram shots. It isn’t too packed Sun-Wed!
- Try the Eastern Medicine cocktail (Casamigos, Jasmine Tea, Ginger, Lemon Honey) $$$
Bonus: There’s also a separate restaurant garden on their second floor terrace if you want more than bar food.
- Tuttles is a super chill bar with the perfect backyard for large groups looking to kill a few beers. There are large wooden tables the whole gang can takeover & a second floor too
- Try a Greek party platter & a sangria pitcher
- This is the spot on Thursdays, the music is always good especially if you love to dance! The best part is the Monarch Rooftop is so diverse. You see all kinds of people dancing to all kinds of music, mingling and just having a good time and that’s my kind of vibe. Warning: Drinks are expensive! Pregame with your friends at one of the many dive bars in the neighborhood before stepping in. $$$$
- Okay so technicallyyy this venue isn’t outdoors but the couches add to the chill vibe and the skylights let in the perfect amount of sun for you to close your eyes and pretend. Plus with NYC’s bipolar weather this might be a safer bet.
- Try: The Mac & Cheese w/ Pancetta and Moules Frites (Garlic Aioli fries w/ Mussels)