Every curly girl knows the struggle of trying to concoct the perfect curly cocktail that will coax her tresses to perfection. We also know how hard it is to get that combo correct! I personally enjoy mixing up my hair routine to keep my fro on it’s toes so it doesn’t get immune to certain products. Trying new natural hair products is always like Christmas to me! Yesterday I tried out this combo above from Frizz Free Curls to style my curls and I wanted to see how they would settle using these products. Here is how I used each one to get the most benefit, in the order I used them:
- Blueberry & Coconut Hair Milk: First I did my regular wash routine using the shampoo I normally use but this time I conditioned with the Curls Blueberry & Coconut hair milk. I started off in the shower after I had done the majority of detangling to moisturize my hair while it was still damp. Then I rinsed some of it off using cool water, making sure to leave a decent amount. I like to moisturize my hair very well before styling to make sure my curls stay soft and hydrated! This product did an amazing job of that, the only downside is that the smell is definitely not my favorite but it’s worth the sacrifice for a product that works.
- Blueberry Bliss Hair Growth Oil: This was definitely the product I was most excited to try, I mean what curly girl doesn’t want her inches to flourish? I wanted to use this as a styling product while also maintaining it’s purpose so I took a very, very small amount of the oil in the palm of my hand and distributed an even amount throughout my hair (a little goes a long way). Continue reading below to see how else I used this product!
- Blueberry Bliss Twist-N-Shout Cream: This was my second time using this cream so I learned that a little goes a long way, which is awesome! I don’t need much of it to keep my hair from frizzing which is great because I don’t like my curls to feel heavy, I like light, fluffy curls. Also, it smells amaaaazing & having to use less product = saving more coins!
- Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly: I think this product is going to be my new fave! It’s like gel’s non-problematic, non-crunchy, cool big sister. Seriously. I used this product to finger coil any curls that wouldn’t cooperate and distributed a very light amount on all my hair. I used a little because I was scared it would leave my hair crunchy but it turns out I didn’t even need much and it locked my curls down without getting hard. It has a very subtle blueberry scent as well.
- Blueberry Bliss Hair Growth Oil: I’m getting close to needing another trim since my hair has been growing so fast (a good problem to have) so my ends are not looking their best right now. I took a small amount of the oil on my fingertips and targeted just my ends using the finger coil method again to encourage a cohesive curl pattern throughout. Then I used a bit more oil on my fingertips and rake my fingers along my scalp not only to encourage growth at the root but to add volume to my hair overall.
- Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste: Last but not least, my absolute favorite product of all! This is hands down the best edge control I’ve tried, and I have tried quite a few. It does the best job of creating that balances between edges that won’t curl up and stay put without getting crunchy or hard! I honestly couldn’t believe it, I haven’t stopped slaying tf out of my baby hairs since I got my hands on this product. Lucky for one of you I’m having a giveaway on Instagram where one lucky person will win their own Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste! Head to my Instagram for more details!
What are some of your fave curly/natural products? Share your tips in the comments below!