Happy Hump day friends! I hope everyone is finding their own peace during the madness that has been reality these past few weeks. I’m sharing all the details of this look below but first I want to talk about a few things that are a LOT more important than clothes…
As I type this, Hurricane Irma is wreaking havoc all over Barbuda & the lesser Antilles only growing stronger as she heads toward Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic & Florida. It’s officially the largest hurricane ever recorded in history & the scariest part about it is that there’s nothing we can do to stop it. Not to mention the damage that already took place in Texas hasn’t been properly addressed by the president. It’s a lot to take in, but there are actions you can take right now to help alleviate what’s going on in our country.
- If you are in the Hurricane’s path, here are serious precautions you need to take ASAP
- Donate to Hurricane Harvey Relief here: Corpus Christi Foodbank, Houston Humane Society
- “To give specifically to the Red Cross simply text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10. The charges will then appear on your next phone billing cycle.”
- If you need to evacuate Florida & need help doing so, @suzzstravels on Instagram has great tips on getting a flight or alternate transportation & how to deal with airlines during this kind of disaster
Because we still do not know the damage Irma is causing or where to donate until the hurricane is over, I will be updating this post with any new information and resources I find so please check back!
If you are active on any social media platforms I’m sure you have heard about DACA but do you know what it is? It’s alright if you are unaware, I had no idea what it was before and honestly I’m ashamed at my ignorance. DACA is the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program put into place during the Obama administration. In plain terms, this program protects child immigrants (DREAMERS) who were brought to this country by their parents. Obviously the child has no decision in this, and the U.S becomes their home… the only home they will ever know. Well, Trump is working to remove this program leaving thousands of hard-working, innocent AMERICANS liable to be deported back to countries they aren’t familiar with. We must protect our fellow Americans who make this country the melting pot of beautiful cultures that it is. They deserve to live here just as much as any of us. YOU can take action to stop this injustice!
- If you are a DREAMER please renew your DACA before October 5th here
- Read real stories from DREAMERS & how this impacts them here
- Here is a list of senators and ALL of their contact information, please give them a call & protest the rescinding of DACA
- Share YOUR story as a DREAMER here
- Learn more about resources for DREAMERS here
Whoa… that was a lot right? Well we can’t turn a blind eye to global issues, even if they don’t “directly” impact us. We’re all human beings sharing this one planet, we all have one shot at this thing called life.
Lastly, as promised here are my outfit details! Don’t forget to follow the blog & stay updated on all things G…
Top: Target “Merona”
Necklaces: Charlotte Russe